Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel

I think I've finally figured it out -- the business, that is. Something online to start with, and I am using a couple of sites I like to guide me...
Hubby and daughter will help me with layout and design, I am the creator of all the stuff to be sold, and I'm still figuring packaging and shipping. I hate the wastefulness of ordinary shipping, and I want to send my things in re-usable containers. Needs more thought...

So far, these are the things I will be selling:
Women's Clothing: skirts, tunics, crazy-quilt coats, aprons, etc etc the list will always change and grow.
Children's Clothing: probably smaller matching versions of the women's things.
Homewares: cushions, quilts, throws, wall-hangings, stars, etc. Again, always changing and growing, depending on the season and my whims!
Bags: Knitting bags, handbags, shopping bags... too many ideas to list, wait and see what's posted!
Of course, the record purses...
Jewellery: crocheted/beaded necklaces, bracelets, earrings... Knitted accessories... ??
Handmade paper cards: I love making paper! These cards make a gift even more special...
Dolls, bears made of cloth. Kind of like the Waldorf dolls...
Christening ensembles: gowns, rompers, long coats, bonnets, slippers. All natural fibres, all hand-done. French seams, etc. Hand-embroidered. I'm like a broken record on this...! I have searched online, and have been appalled at the poor quality offered by some... that's just not my style.
First Communion: gowns, dresses, veils, bags (to hold your beads and bible), rosary beads (I actually enjoy making them, and say the prayers while I do it... very peaceful!)

As you can see, it is going to take a long time for this to evolve, but at least I have a more clear vision of what I want, and I am very excited about it! My own business, creating things I love at my own pace, in my own space... no middleman... but a weekly goal to post pictures of the latest creations for sale! Wow... Awesome.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for saying hello on my blog - looking forward to following your blog -all the best - Cheers Kris :)
    p.s I'm thinking of making a simple square quilt - without too many rules to follow, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me here Kris! I am so new to this, and I'm excited about the world of blogging... I'm just very bad about taking pictures of my works-in-progress! That will change though, I promise!
    I am working on a Celtic-influenced squares quilt now, with some hand-embroidery. No rules! Just fun... I hope your quilting is making you smile! Looking forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the adventure/venture! Nothing better than doing the stuff you love for an income!

    ReplyDelete